Thursday, June 15, 2006

Why That Song?


A little background on the "what" and "why" of the current song that greets you on L5 Life. Unwritten, by Natasha Bedingfield is on a CD Nataly bought for herself. One night I was working on her PC and listened to the whole thing. I really liked Unwritten. I liked the lyrics -- hopeful and optimistic, encouraging life to be lived "outside the lines" on "the blank page before you." Added to the ascending melody that builds to the chorus, I found my eyes welling up time after time when I listened to it. It was strange, as few songs have had that effect on me. The soulful, R&B beat also hooked me, since that's my kind of music. The best part of the video for me is the addition of a gospel choir in robes giving their all, and enjoying the song. Anyway, it's become a family favorite. Thanks to Cody for using his blogging expertise and surprising me by adding it today!

Tony

4 comments:

Paul/Mary Burleson said...

Who would have thought that blogging would help me appreciate a new song and even a new kind of music. At first when I heard music on your site, I thought what is that? Then I read your post and stopped and really listened to the song. Then I listened again. I really like it. Think I'll listen to it again. ;->
Thanks.
M/MB/G

Paul/Mary Burleson said...

Tony, I'm sitting here at 6:00am reading and listening to your post after having read tons of other posts and, in the midst of all the issues faced by the SBC, it's refreshing to hear you talk about how the Lord speaks to you through music and how a family is touched by the really important things...Life...The Lord...And each other. Way to go guys.

DAD

The Lenoxes said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Lenoxes said...

Uh..dad I bought the cd for the "Unwritten" song, so..yeah. I liked the song first. =]

nat-uh-lee