It's 12:30 on Friday, and I have been reading too many blogs. It's addictive! I read Wade's blog (and all the comments), Dad's blog, Marty Duren's blog (and all the comments), and I am bogged down....or should I say blogged down? :) I just think it's hysterical to see the different viewpoints, the different way Scripture is used (and abused), and the different tones in the postings. One guy called everyone on Marty Duren's blog "idiots." You gotta be kidding me! What I love about Dad and Wade is the absolute commitment to speaking with respect, truth and grace.
Did a quick search using Biblegateway.com on how many times (in the NIV) "wine" is used in the Bible--238; "drunk" --63; "love" --697. Interesting. Not that these issues shouldn't be discussed; I think discussion is healthy. It's just hilarious to me...or sad, I don't know which.
Why post my comments here and not on the blogs themselves? 'Cause I'm chicken! :)
Melody
2 comments:
Melody, I know the feeling of "chicken". I read and read the blogs and several times started to comment and could'nt get it the way I wanted it, could'nt make it clear to myself,and would finally erase it. I remember the first time I sent one I WAS SWEATING. Can you believe that? All these years of speaking and it was scaring me to death. Boy have I changed. :)
Dad
By the way, I obviously didn't get "couldn't" right. I shouldn't have used "could'nt" when everyone knows could'nt should have been couldn't. You can say I shouldn't worry about it but I could'nt let it go...[I did it again, I think I'll just stop.] :)
DAD
Post a Comment