Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

We had a great Father's Day here at the Lenox House.
We went to church this morning, (at least 3 of us did...we couldn't seem to get Cody out of bed) :( and then had a darn good lunch at home. Tony bought steaks yesterday and did a fantastic job of grilling them! We had burgers for the kids (Boca Burger for Beth!), and then I made one of Tony's favorite desserts....sugar cream pie. It was pretty good if I do say so myself!

As we sat around the lunch table we told Tony what we appreciate about him. I won't bore you with the specifics of that, but let me just say we are truly blessed in this family to have a husband/dad like Tony. He is patient, kind, considerate, takes time to do the things we all ask him to do, and is really the ROCK around here. We love you Tony/Dad!

I enjoyed reading Wade's blog this morning, and his comments about Dad. I wholeheartedly agree with eveything he said! Dad, I've said this many times, but I never tire of saying it: I wouldn't be who I am today if it had not been for the influence you have had in my life. I've learned most of what I know about God, life, love, and family from you. I just about burst with love and pride when I think about you and Mom and how you continue to grow and change. Your relationship is my model of a loving, healthy marriage. As I said on your blog the other day....I want to be just like you when I grow up! Truly!! I love you with all of my heart and hope you had a wonderful Father's Day! By the way, you look awesome in the shirt! :)

I am blessed!
ML

1 comment:

Paul/Mary Burleson said...

I agree, Mel. You are blessed, your kids are especially blessed, and we are blessed as the larger family to have Tony as one of us. He's a great son-in-law and by all observations, a great Dad.

Paul loves his shirt and has already mentioned when he plans to wear it. He's tried it on two or three times, LOL.
MB