Friday, October 27, 2006

What The....

You probably noticed that we changed songs, and you might be thinking, "What the h...."(heck, of course).

The last 2 songs we've had on here were chosen because of their lyrics.
This song....I have no idea what she's saying. I mean, I know the words, but I don't get it; however, for whatever reason it has become one of our favorites. I guess it's the harmony and the unusual sound. Anyway, I hope it doesn't offend your ears. :)

We had a great time at Dal & Megan's wedding, although we almost missed it!
We were rushing around like crazy to get on the road a little before 3, and we just made it. We pulled up to the chapel at 5:01. We were going nuts because we kept getting behind people who were driving slower than the speed limit. There's nothing that frustrates me more...well, maybe some things frustrate me more, but you know what I mean!

Megan was beautiful, Dal was handsome, I told Ty he looked "dapper," Terri played an amazing flute solo, and Dara wowed us with her enthusiastic dancing. Oh, and the mother of the groom looked ravishing! I won't say much about Mike, except that he had on a PINK tie!! :)
Papaw did a great job on the ceremony, and Grams was gorgeous walking down the aisle being seated as the grandmother. It was a fun evening!

We then headed to Mom & Dad's and sat and visited with them, Grandma Cherry, Fred, Jenny and Tom. We laughed and laughed. What a fun family we have! We drove back to Tulsa, got home around 10:20, fell in bed at 11:30 or so, and was up at 5:30 to be at the church at 6:45 this morning for a book study while Tony got Cody & Nat off to school.

I had to take Beth to work...she got a job a couple of weeks ago at a place called Vintage Stock which has mostly used CD's, DVD's, Video Games, etc. You can trade in your old stuff for cash or for trading value. So far she really likes it. Today she worked from 10-6, but then one of her co-workers asked if she would work until 10, and he would give her $50. So, she's pulling a 12 hour shift today. I'm proud of her...she really doesn't like to work a lot! :)

After school, Cody and I drove all around and gathered stuff for his birthday party tomorrow. On Tuesday he turns 15! Can you believe it? He's having a hang-out/watch scary movies night from 4-10 tomorrow. We're expecting around 20 people. Tony's setting up a projector and screen in the garage and they'll be watching it out there. Should be fun.

Nataly went with the youth group tonight to John 3:16 mission. One Friday night a month they do a play program for the kids from apt. complexes in north Tulsa, and our kids go and help by playing with the kids. She hasn't done it before, so I'm anxious to hear how she did and how she felt.

Cody and Tony just left to borrow stuff from the church for Cody's party, so I'm here all alone....it feels nice....it's so quiet!

It was great to see everyone that was at the wedding yesterday!
Can't wait until Thanksgiving.....love you guys!

Melody

1 comment:

Mike & Cherri said...

We LOVED having you guys at the wedding and LOVED the report of the fellowship afterwards. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Megan & Dal went with Megan's family to the hotel where they continued partying and opened gifts.

Mike & Dara & I went home and we didnt feel the least bit left out!!! It was WONDERFUL to sit for a few minutes and then hit the hay after a hectic and people filled couple of days.

How did Cody's birthday party go? What movies did you guys watch? Have ya'll ever seen THE GRUDGE? I dont know if I would really reccommend it - but it was definitely one of the spookiest movies I've ever seen in my life!!!

So good to catch up a bit. OH OH OH!!! and we would like to invite you to our Christmas program that we are performing Dec 8th, 9th & 10th - a friday night, saturday night & on Sunday. We are doing A CHRISTMAS PRAYER - and we are REALLY enjoying learning it - there will be drama and music and its directed toward those who have been away from the Lord. I LOVE working with Joe & Kristi Kellogg!!!

Love you guys
Thank you again for coming to the wedding!!!

Cherri