I honestly can't believe that it's been since 2006 since we posted anything.
I guess it shows that we're not really bloggers....but how can you be a Burleson and not blog? :)
I have enjoyed reading everyone's blogs lately so decided to post on this one.
It'll be fun to see if anyone stops by or if you've all given up on me.
We had a great time at Christmas! It was fun to play games and laugh, and it was also nice to have more of a serious/sharing time. We have a wonderful family and I truly enjoy our times together. I feel extremely privileged to have a family like ours...one that loves , doesn't "guilt," accepts and celebrates our differences, respects, and doesn't judge. How refreshing, and how unusual. I'm grateful for each one of you!!
Really nothing much to update since Christmas.
Tony's working and will soon be helping from the facilities standpoint in the transition to the new company that bought TV Guide.
Melody is still working at Liberty and Donna's and homeschooling Cody (sort-of). He really schools himself, but I am there to monitor tests and make sure he's staying caught up.
Bethany is building her clientele as a hairstylists and doing very well, although it's slower than she anticipated. She's ready to be out on her own, but that's going to be a while.
Cody is doing well. Participating in leadership in the Youth at church, taking piano lessons, staying up with his school. He wants to get a job soon. He's now driving and has a car so he loves his new independence.
Nataly is at the Union Alternative Middle School and likes it a lot. She likes to hang-out with her friends, play on the computer, and text, text, text. I'm glad we have unlimited texting for her!
This kind of sounds like a Christmas letter doesn't it? Just an update to try and get back into the habit of posting. I'm going to be staying home on Fridays instead of working at Donna's so that Cody and I can make sure that he stays up with his studies in order to be ready to go back to Union in August as a junior. Maybe I'll try and get in the habit of posting something every Friday. We'll see how I do.
Melody
3 comments:
Melody,
All is forgiven. [For not writing more.] Just don't let it happen again. :)
DAD
Yeah! I'm glad you're posting again. I had quit checking a few months back and I think I even took your link off my blog. My bad.
I like blogging. To me, it's a very fun and convenient way to share and to stay up with each other. I hope you do the every Friday posting thing. That would be great. But however and whenever, yeah...
When we were at Emmanuel in Enid, I was visiting with a woman after one of the sessions, and a man came up and asked her if she had read my blog. She asked me if I blogged. When I said yes, she responded that the Burlesons were the bloggingest family she'd ever seen. Hey, you've now joined the ranks.
Mom
I'm SO sorry it took me so long to respond, but to be honest, I quit checking. I do the same thing...I post two or three times, and then quit. Life gets busy and people go in so many different directions.
THANK YOU for posting. We had so much fun with you guys at the holidays. Wish we could do it more often.
Love you guys!
Kelly
Post a Comment