Thursday, October 05, 2006

Yes, We Are Alive!

Wondered if you guys thought we had all died! :) I knew I wouldn't be very good at updating this thing, and sure enough....

I'm updating this morning because Tony left for the airport at 4:45, and I couldn't go back to sleep, so I'm up with some extra time this morning. That usually doesn't happen! Tony is on his way to California. He will be in the Hollywood office today and tomorrow, and I fly out in the morning to join him tomorrow afternoon. We will spend the evening/night in Hollywood, and then Saturday morning we will go to John Mark & Robin's house to stay with them Saturday afternoon and evening.

The plan is to eat lunch with them at their Country Club, and then Saturday evening they are going to the Tiger Woods Benefit, so John arranged other plans for us. They had tickets to the OC Performing Arts Center and couldn't use them because of the benefit, so we are going in their place. The Russian Opera will be there, and Placido Domingo is the featured soloist on that particular night. I'm really excited! He's also made reservations at the "best steakhouse in OC" for us. Should be a fabulous evening! Sunday morning we will go to breakfast/brunch with them, and then Tony will take me to the airport that afternoon. Tony's been out there a few times and has always wanted me to go. Because his birthday is Tuesday, he hooked me in by saying it would be his birthday present for me to go! How can I refuse? So, hopefully I won't take over 2 months to update about our trip! :)

The kids are doing well. Beth's plugging away at school wishing she could be out tomorrow. She cut and colored my hair last night and it looks really good, if I do say so myself. Pretty funky, but not too funky. (Those were my instructions to Beth, and she accomplished her task). She moved into a new apt. complex with a roommate, and seems to be enjoying that. It happens to be the same apt. complex that Tony lived in when I met him 24 years ago. Ironic!

Cody & Nat are doing well in school and enjoying their youth group and small groups at church. We have a great Youth Pastor who is helping the kids "get" what it looks like practically to be a follower of Jesus.

Better sign off 'cause I've got a crap-load of things to do today to get ready to leave tomorrow. (Is it okay to say crap?) :)

Love you all!

Melody

2 comments:

Brett and Kelly Burleson said...

It was great reading your update. I'm trying to get motivated to go make sure I have everything packed and get into bed. I leave tomorrow to meet Brett in Phoenix. We're going to visit Brandon during his instructional league with the Royals. Our kids are all great as well. Man, what would we do without them? Brett and I have so much fun together and enjoy every minute together. But then we get so excited when we have all the kids at home. Sounds like you guys are the same way.

Take care and I hope you and Tony have a great trip! Remind me...is Tony's b-day this coming Tuesday?? October 10?

KB

Mike & Cherri said...

WOO HOO!!! GOOD TO READ YA!!! And I cant WAIT to hear how your trip goes in CA -

HAVE A GREAT TIME!!! And CONGRATS, Tony, for using all means possible getting Melody out to CA with you!!!

Love you guys
Cherri