Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Thanks and Happy Birthday

I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since we've posted anything new!
I TOLD you we might not have anything to say. :)
Or maybe it's just that we don't take the time to say it?!

ANYWAY...just wanted to say thanks to everyone for a great weekend.
Thanks Mom & Dad for going early and standing in the heat to save us seats for Rob Bell. Because you did that we were able to be up-close-and-personal, and I know Beth especially loved that. I would have chosen not to be directly in front of the speaker, and frankly I thought I was going to have an "episode" and run around the room screaming (and possibly even tearing off my clothes like in one of those bad dreams I have) if they had left that annoying music playing one second longer! Hah! Wouldn't that have been a sight!? BUT, it was worth it all to me when Rob Bell spoke. We as a family have loved every single NOOMA video, so to get to see him and hear him like that was a special treat, even though the sweat was pouring! Thanks Mom & Dad for being such COOL people that you would go (even though you really didn't know what to expect), but especially to stay in that environment! Hope the Braums ice cream helped!!

Then...thanks to Mom & Dad also for the tickets to Frontier City. That was no small thing!! As Tony so aptly quoted one of Dad's favorite sayings, "Those didn't come in any Cracker Jacks Box!" Our family social chairman (Nataly) I'm sure will continue to come up with ideas and suggestions on how we can get together more often. She loves it, and so do we! It was fun seeing everybody, even though it was so stinking hot. Let's plan something next year in May or June! I guess it was just preparation for Middle School Camp at Tulakogee that Nataly and I leave for on Thursday. We picked up a couple of those $.97 fans that Sierra and Pierce had at FC. They're amazing! Hopefully they'll keep up somewhat cool.

Then, thanks to Brett & Kelly for opening your home after FC to celebrate Dad's Birthday. The pizza was great, the wine & pop were refreshing, the cheese dip was awesome, and the cookie and cake were the perfect finish! Your home is beautiful, and your hospitality after a hot, hot day was superb. Thank you for the time spent beforehand getting ready for us! We truly appreciate your hard work!

Lastly I want to say Happy Birthday to Dad. I've left a comment on their blog, but I do want to say here also how much I love you Dad and appreciate you and wish you a happy, happy 66th Birthday! You are leaving us a legacy of what it means to love God and love people, and for that I am grateful!

Melody

2 comments:

Paul/Mary Burleson said...

Melody,

I appreciate the birthday wish AND the shirt. I wore it sunday morning and love it.

I haven't posted any comments yet on our blog but I will.

It WAS a fun total weekend especially sitting and enjoying a morning with you and Tony on Sat. brfor FC.

Dad

Mike & Cherri said...

WHAT FUN to read about family stuff from different perspectives. It's like filling in details and getting to enjoy the experience with replays from a different angle. LOVE IT!!! Although I MISS the sparkle of your eyes and your GORGEOUS smile - and your fun fun interaction as Beth, Cody, & Nat say MOM!!! and add to your stories - and you looking at Tony and he filling in some. You guys are some of the BEST story telling entertaining families around and I'm sitting here grinnin just thinking about it!!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!! MISSED being with you and cant wait when we get together again next.

Praying for you guys as you continue to minister and look forward to stories from camp!!!

Cherri